Wednesday 5 October 2016

Here I am again for my third post for Blogtober.  Don't forget to click the Blogtober link on the side bar so that you can visit the blogs of others taking part.

I'm not one for actually drawing or painting 'things', mainly because I'm rubbish at drawing! Last year I watched a video tutorial (sorry, I can't remember who it was by) on painting tulips so I had a go. I enjoyed making the background, that's far more my scene, but the tulips didn't turn out toooo badly. My mother got this as her birthday card - I'm not sure she appreciated the effort that went into it though! So, my first and last foray into painting an object; I'm now back to doing more random stuff until I find another tutorial I fancy trying.



A close up of the background elements:

3 comments:

  1. They are really lovely - good to see you blogging again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background and those tulips aren't too shabby either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of it, I think you did well! I hope you find another tutorial that inspires you. I quite fancy learning the one-stroke techniques where you just load up the brush and go!

    ReplyDelete