Saturday 29 July 2017

Catch Up Time

If I put up a post now it will only be 4 months since my last post! Just squeezing in here before August hits :)

Well, I have been doing a few bits and pieces over the last few months; some swaps, a handful of cards (I hardly do any cards these days) plus I took part in an on-line Gelli Printing course run by the lovely Lucy Brydon. I'm currently trying to get my August and early September commitments finished before we go off on our hols shortly so am up to my elbows in paint and glue and my craft room looks like a bomb has hit!

So, here are a few of the things I've produced (and am willing to share!!).

These 2 birthday cards were made for friends in an Oriental Stamp Art group, the backgrounds were actually brayer clean up sheets - often they give me more inspiration than the actual sheets themselves!




This card uses the small circle gel press plate (from the set of 3 - circle, square, triangle). I love playing with these, both with inks and paints and can spend hours just producing backgrounds.



This card is something totally different for me. For a swap in another group I had to do iris folding, something alien to me and something I really had no interest in, having 3 thumbs on each hand!. But, I persevered and once I got the hang of it I quite enjoyed it and 'may' do it again on a smaller scale one day in the distant future. (I had to do 9 ATCs of this design!). I made this card for a washi paper swap on the Oriental Stamp Art Group, sort of practicing for doing the ATCs.



And this one was a card for a 'dragonfly' card swap:


So that's just a few bits of what's being going on in the Dragonflywhisperz craft room. I'll be back very soon with some more :)

Thanks for visiting.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely I especially like the circle one and the atc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - I like those circle ones too, and so easy!

      Delete