Sunday 30 July 2017

I'm on a roll here - 2 days in a row :)

To be honest (joking!), I don't want to be 'told off' by Sy, Wendy and Karen (see Blogtober 2016) for not keeping up with my blog posts! They know me well enough by now to realise that I'm rubbish at blogging :) LOL!

So, what else have I been doing? Well, there are a small group of us ladies, just in the UK, who swap all sorts of artwork in swaps - these are a few of those from the past couple of months:

For this postcard swap we had to create a background paper using a specific set of rules -this was my end result - I may have gone a bit swirly and dotty happy but it was shiny and pretty :).



The spec for this ATC was 'dandelion'. I had the dandelion stamp but it looked a bit boring on its own so I thought a little Alice would enhance it, I mean, Alice enhances anything surely?  I quite liked the end result. The background was actually done on the gelli plate with some grasses pressed into the paint before taking the print, but it doesn't show well in the scan.



This tag was for swap in the same group - we chose a country and tried to portray that in our work. I chose Asia (OK, a continent but it meant I could use any of my Asian supplies!). I love doing grungy - this turned out maybe a bit too grungy for the recipient but they were kind enough to say they liked it!!


On the back I made a little pocket using one of the 1001 red envelopes I have and made a tag to go in it. On the front a design, on the back my details.




And, finally, these two prints were produced during the gelli printing course I did on line. I really enjoyed this course and leant so much but I know that I need to do lots more practicing .....!


At some point I'll go back to this one but at the moment I don't know what to add/alter. I quite like the dolphin 'talking' to the seahorse as well as the fish (large bubble wrap!) in the background but I do feel that it needs more attention ..... we'll see! It'll possibly find its way into the large pile of prints in my drawer!!




I think I'm about up to date with work I can share. Being in groups means I can't share as I produce work and that's possibly part of my problem with blogging - once I've finished a piece I forget about it!

Thanks for popping by and I'll see you soon :)



3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been so busy. Your background looks like printed paper and I love how you added Alice with the dandelion. Love your creations. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete