Thursday 26 October 2017

A little book of Alice ......

Earlier this month I attended a workshop run by the very talented Mark Gould of DecoArt at Let's Be Creative, a gorgeous venue at Rogate, between Petersfield and Midhurst, owned by the lovely Brigitte O'Brien.

I'd attended a workshop with Mark before so knew it would be a fun and interesting day and it certainly was. We used a different background technique on every page and then used stamps/images/paints to complete the pages. The covers used prints of images from Salvadore Dali's illustrations of the Alice in Wonderland book and these were transferred to the board covers. The stamps were from a variety of companies and all paints were DecoArt.

Starting at the front cover, here are the pages of my book, not necessarily in the order I have them because it would be too easy for me to work out how to stop the photos jumping around the page on their own, wouldn't it!! I've cussed at them enough and whilst I still can't get the page with the splashes on to go central at least you can get to see the pages:



This one is on acrylic so the image is stamped on the back and painted in reverse.


Yes, I know, I painted the heart and spade the wrong way round - hey ho, I like to be different!









This background was done using embossing powders - possibly my least favourite look but it was a different technique to use.


This one was painted with chalkboard paint and cut to look like old slate. I'm going to go back in to this one at some point and add something at the top.



Hopefully I will manage to get to Let's Be Creative again before too long (they hold some amazing workshops) and I'm definitely going to stalk Mark and go to more of his in the future. 


1 comment: